Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 35



Wow, I hadn't realized that so much time had passed since my last post here! More than a month... whoopee!

OK. I have a confession. I haven't been an angel. I slipped a little last night. I took a sip (a sip) from a friend's cocktail. It was a tiny sip, to be sure; I rolled it around my mouth a bit, and swallowed in slow, orgasmic drops. It was actually quite sexual, come to think of it. And that was it. I know, I know, danger this way lies, but it felt really good, and I was satisfied (more or less) with just the sip. Although I was only half-joking when I threatened to approach the group drinking martinis next to ours, and beg to suck their olives.

Anyway, I did have a moment of clarity: that one sip was so powerful and potent to me, after going 30-odd days without, that I caught something resembling a slight buzz from that one sip -- my tongue felt suddenly heavy, my wit less glib. And as good as that sip felt going down, I was keenly aware of the fact that I liked my overall self much better in the alert, sober state. So I guess this is progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to suck your olives